MML Designs... Quilts and Handmade Gifts

4.14.2010

Studio/Sewing Room/ECT...

Its the place where I work... call it what you like. Until I went to art school, it was always a "sewing room" or a "work room" but suddenly after a few months at school it became a "studio"... whatever you want to call it... i'm never cleaning mine again. And no, I don't mean I'll never organize or sweep or anything like that, I mean next time someone comes to visit I AM NOT shoving everything I am working on or planning to work on into a drawer so the counters are clean. I refuse to do it. I spent the better part of an hour last night looking for backing fabric. I thought I knew exactly where it was, it was supposed to be where I set it after I bought it about a month ago.. but noooo I put it in a trunk full of backing fabric. Is there where it should live? Probably. Did I remember putting it there (with all the other backing fabric I own)? no. So... unless I can do it in a calm and timely manner (timely as in, in my own time) I'm not cleaning it. :) So if you come to visit... don't expect a spotless, um, work area. 







No comments:

Post a Comment